There are so many easy ways to energize at the office.
I mean other than sharing your picks for The Bachelor.
But this time of year, opportunities for acts of gratitude and kindness are especially abundant and well-received.
So get into the spirit of lifting spirits with these Random Acts of Christmas Kindness:
1. Tell someone why they matter
It will matter to them.
2. Give a compliment for something you take for granted
It will be beyond appreciated.
3. Bring in cookies for your cube mates
Who doesn't love cookies!
4. Tell a peer what they've taught you
They'll be flattered.
5. Quietly take something off someone's plate
One less thing to do is a good thing done.
6. Start a meeting with a positive rant on someone
They'll positively glow.
7. Give someone feedback from the heart
If it comes from the heart, it sticks in the mind.
8. Slide a gift card over during a meeting
A thoughtful explanatory card to go with it would help.
9. Ask how someone's doing--and mean it
Maybe even listen so well that you ask a follow up question or two!
10. Buy lunch for the person who serves it
You'll be serving up good cheer.
11. Remind someone you're rooting for them
Odds are they could use the reminder.
12. Showcase someone when they're not expecting it
And do so with gusto.
13. Back someone up in a meeting--just because
It's always nice to be validated.
14. Sing the tune of an unsung hero
See if you can get a chorus going.
15. Erase one degree of someone's insecurity
It might dissipate ten more.
16. Speak highly of someone when they're not there
With any luck, it will get back to them.
17. Re-route three compliments you've received
Not "Return to Sender", "Forward with Care".
18. Enthusiastically bring someone into a conversation
And take their input to heart, they'll take it to heart they got the chance.
19. Notice someone trying to be great and encourage them
They'll notice that you noticed.
20. Tell someone three things you couldn't do without them
Better yet, tell three people three things you couldn't do without them.
21. Stay late to pitch in for someone who's put out
You'll put a smile on their face.
22. Invite a junior employee to a session they'd learn from
It's one meeting they might actually appreciate.
23. Take take-out orders before taking out
Save someone the trip--and the cafeteria food.
24. Return from the supply closet with a group re-stock
It's like little gift-parcels of provisions!
25. Cancel a meeting just because
Do you really need a reason?!
26. For one day, include praise in every email you write
The one time a mistaken "reply all" won't cause a coronary.
27. Offer a ride to a distant parking spot
Baby it's cold....out....side....
28. Be that person who really listened
They'll know it.
29. Buy lunch for someone just trying to get by
Best money you'll spend all month.
30. Praise your boss (and mean it)
They might even deserve it, and probably never hear it.
31. Check in on someone from your last job
Don't be a ghost of Christmas past.
Doing as many of the things on this nice list as you can this month just might get you on another nice list.
So be intentional about getting random!