Let's face it, even though the halls of corporate America may feel like the hills and hollows of Gettysburg, they aren't.
Listen to the clarion quotes of military leaders who have dignified and revealed the horrors of war.
- When eating an elephant, take one bite at a time.
- Swiftness and impact are the soul of genuine warfare.
- War is the domain of chance.
- You people are telling me what you think I want to know. I want to know what is actually happening.
- There is only one sort of discipline--perfect discipline.
- Do your duty in all things. You cannot do more. You should never wish to do less.
Robert E. Lee
- The only thing we have to fear is fear itself.
- The art of war is like everything else that is beautiful and simple. The simplest moves are the best.
- If everyone is thinking alike, then somebody isn't thinking.
- Know your enemy and know yourself.
- It is the part of a good general to talk of success, not of failure.
- An army of stags led by a lion is more to be feared than an army of lions led by a stag.
- If you cannot control yourself, you cannot control others.
- The art of war is simple enough. Find out where your enemy is. Get at him as soon as you can. Strike him as hard as you can, and keep moving on.
- Veni, Vidi, Vici.
- Information is the foundation of battle.
- Boldness is the noblest of virtues.
- War is cruelty. There is no use trying to reform it. The crueler it is, the sooner it will be over.
W. T. Sherman
- The commander's will must rest on iron faith: faith in God, in his cause, or in himself.
- In war, opportunity waits for no man.
- The first quality of a commander is a cool head.
- 60% of the art of command is the ability to anticipate.
- Instead of my being on the defensive, I would be on the offensive; instead of guessing at what he means to do, he would have to guess at my plans.
W. T. Sherman
- I always make it a rule to get there first with the most men.
Nathan Bedford Forrest
Published on: Nov 7, 2016