- Be quiet. Listen. Ignite the conversation and let it burn.
- Be loud. Be big. Be the boss. Inspire confidence.
- Be prepared. Know the subject. Steer the discussion. Have questions, quotes, and obscure Dylan lyrics at the ready.
- Be an invisible conductor. Play your panelists like musical instruments. Bring out the best in each of them.
- Be able to think about more than two things at once: the current discussion, your overall plan, the time, where you want to go next.
- Be deferential. You're not the star. The panelists are.
- Be ruthless, the audience's advocate-on time, answers, and issues.
- Be clear. Ask short questions and make clear statements.
Jan 26, 2016