Now is the time to wrap up your achievements for this year, pat yourself on the back, and start thinking about the road ahead.
You've got a lot more to accomplish, and it isn't always easy to muster the strength and enthusiasm to set out...again!
Here are quotes that will rev you up so you can hit the new year running:
- "You never know what's around the corner. It could be everything. Or it could be nothing. You keep putting one foot in front of the other, and then one day you look back and you've climbed a mountain."
- "If you were born without wings, do nothing to prevent them from growing."
- "Far away there in the sunshine are my highest aspirations. I may not reach them, but I can look up and see their beauty, believe in them, and try to follow where they lead."
Louisa May Alcott
- "If you want to live a happy life, tie it to a goal, not to people or things."
- "A goal is not always meant to be reached, it often serves simply as something to aim at."
- "When defeat comes, accept it as a signal that your plans are not sound, rebuild those plans, and set sail once more toward your coveted goal."
- "Reach high, for stars lie hidden in you. Dream deep, for every dream precedes the goal."
- "If you don't know where you are going, you'll end up someplace else."
- "If you're bored with life, if you don't get up every morning with a burning desire to do things, you don't have enough goals."
- "If a man knows not to which port he sails, no wind is favorable."
- "A year from now you may wish you had started today."
- "What the mind can conceive and believe, and the heart desire, you can achieve."
Norman Vincent Peale
- "...it's very much like trying to reach infinity. You know that it's there, you just don't know where-but just because you can never reach it doesn't mean that it's not worth looking for."
- "Begin somewhere. You cannot build a reputation on what you intend to do."
- "Be practical as well as generous in your ideals. Keep your eyes on the stars, but remember to keep your feet on the ground."
- "A person who doubts himself is like a man who would enlist in the ranks of his enemies and bear arms against himself. He makes his failures certain by himself being the first person to be convinced of it."
- "Cat: Where are you going?
Alice: Which way should I go?
Cat: That depends on where you are going.
Alice: I don't know.
Cat: Then it doesn't matter which way you go."
- "Setbacks have an upside; they fuel new dreams."
- "Even if you're on the right track, you'll get run over if you just sit there."
- "An aim in life is the only fortune worth finding."
Robert Louis Stevenson
- "You measure the size of the accomplishment by the obstacles you have to overcome to reach your goals."
Booker T. Washington
- "To conquer fear is the beginning of wisdom."
-- Bertrand Russell
- "Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. The fearful are caught as often as the bold.'
-- Helen Keller
- "You gain strength, courage, and confidence by every experience in which you really stop to look fear in the face. You must do the thing which you think you cannot do."
-- Eleanor Roosevelt
- "Never be afraid to try something new. Remember, amateurs built the ark, professionals built the Titanic."
- "Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts."
Winston S. Churchill
- "The worst part of success is trying to find someone who is happy for you."
- "Success is stumbling from failure to failure with no loss of enthusiasm."
Winston S. Churchill
- "The way to get started is to quit talking and begin doing. "
Walt Disney Company
- "It had long since come to my attention that people of accomplishment rarely sat back and let things happen to them. They went out and happened to things."
Leonardo da Vinci
- "Always bear in mind that your own resolution to succeed is more important than any one thing."
- "The three great essentials to achieve anything worthwhile are, first, hard work; second, stick-to-itiveness; third, common sense."
Thomas A. Edison
- "Fortune sides with him who dares."
- "The test of success is not what you do when you are on top. Success is how high you bounce when you hit the bottom."
George S. Patton Jr.
- "Remember, happiness doesn't depend upon who you are or what you have; it depends solely upon what you think. So start each day by thinking of all the things you have to be thankful for. Your future will depend very largely on the thoughts you think today. So think thoughts of hope and confidence and love and success."
- "When you go in search of honey, you must expect to be stung by bees."
- "Knowing what you don't know can be more useful than being brilliant."
- "If people like you they'll listen to you, but if they trust you they'll do business with you."
- "Talent is cheaper than table salt. What separates the talented individual from the successful one is a lot of hard work."
-- Stephen King
- "Success is not a destination, but the road that you're on. Being successful means that you're working hard and walking your walk every day. You can only live your dream."
-- Marlon Wayans
- "Hockey is a unique sport in the sense that you need each and every guy helping each other and pulling in the same direction to be successful."
-- Wayne Gretzky
- "Watch your manner of speech if you wish to develop a peaceful state of mind. Start each day by affirming peaceful, contented and happy attitudes and your days will tend to be pleasant and successful."
-- Norman Vincent Peale
- "If you want to be successful, it's just this simple. Know what you are doing. Love what you are doing. And believe in what you are doing."
-- Will Rogers
- "The most successful businessman is the man who holds onto the old just as long as it is good, and grabs the new just as soon as it is better."
-- Lee Iacocca
- "I find that the very things that I get criticized for, which is usually being different and just doing my own thing and just being original, is the very thing that's making me successful.'
-- Shania Twain
- "Most of the successful people I've known are the ones who do more listening than talking."
-- Bernard Baruch
- "The primary factor in a successful attack is speed."
-- Lord Mountbatten
- "I wanted to be successful, not famous."
-- George Harrison
- "Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power."
-- Abraham Lincoln
- "Mastering others is strength. Mastering yourself is true power."
-- Tao Te Ching
- "Calmness is the cradle of power."
-- J.G. Holland
- "The measure of a man is what he does with power."