- Thou shalt not be Arrogant.
- Thou shalt not be Boring.
- Thou shalt not be Confusing.
Let those of us who seek to sell ourselves, our ideas, and our products or services contemplate these ABCs, lest we be turned away...
- by the prospect who decides to buy from our competitor,
- by the client who rejects our advice,
- or by our own bosses and colleagues, who would banish us from lofty executive perches,
because we violated one of the ABCs of highly effective speech.
"Adapted from The Essentials of Persuasive Public Speaking by Sims Wyeth. Copyright 2014, 2011 by Sims Wyeth. With permission of the publisher, W. W. Norton & Company, Inc. All rights reserved." Available at Amazon.