Having the right apps on employees’ tablets and smartphones is essential for maximizing productivity. Some apps are industry-specific. But nearly all businesses can benefit from communication, collaboration, and productivity apps.
The best apps are cloud-based and mobile device-friendly. And they allow multiple users to collaborate and work on projects simultaneously. Here are some top picks.
- Slack is currently one of the most popular communication apps for businesses, and with good reason. It offers collaboration features, instant messaging, drag-and-drop filing-sharing features, among others. Slack can help cut down on email usage and meetings.
- Zello is a push-to-talk app that turns any smartphone into a functional walkie-talkie. It supports group conversations and has a recording function. An enterprise version, ZelloWork, adds management tools and privacy and security options.
- Deputy. This is a mobile-focused solution for scheduling and tracking hourly employees. It supports open shifts and shift swaps. Its Tasks feature lets managers leave instructions for one or more employees on a specific shift. Deputy also features an open API and add-on modules, which can make it a practical HR management hub for small and medium-sized businesses.
- Basecamp. Simplicity is a big selling point for this project management app. It is flexible, offers a variety of plug-in services, and it’s easy to learn and start using. The app gets high ratings for its ability to handle images and artwork and to manage projects across multiple time zones.
- SyncUP DRIVE provides a new way to make your vehicles smarter. This vehicle-focused app lets you track driving behavior, preventive maintenance status, and vehicle location and provides instant notification of mechanical problems. The app even turns your car into a Wi-Fi hotspot for up to five devices and includes roadside assistance from Allstate® Motor Club.
While this list covers many critical business needs, it only scratches the surface. No matter what your specific business needs might be, there's probably an app that can help.
T-Mobile is not associated with or endorsing the brands, services or products mentioned in this article. SyncUP Drive: Limited time offer; subject to change. Qualifying plan and use of SyncUp Drive app and device required. Contact Allstate or visit T-Mobile's website for details.