By Syed Balkhi, founder of WPBeginner
Social media platforms are the go-to online spaces for billions of people to visit every day. Having a platform on social media gives you the opportunity to catch people’s eyes and drive people’s attention to your business.
With billions of people online, there’s also plenty of competition. That’s why you need to find ways to stand out and gain engagement.
Let’s look at ways to build engagement on social media that can boost your business.
1. Create interactive content.
This type of content is all about getting people to interact with your business through your posts. Interactive content goes beyond presenting content that people usually consume. You create real engagement through stories, questions, polls and more.
Social media today also makes it possible to create interactive content with ease. There are several features available to make content more interactive:
- Polls and quizzes.
- Live videos.
- Watch parties on Facebook.
These are a few examples of ways you can make social media content more interactive to build greater engagement and win more paying customers.
2. Run giveaway contests.
Promotional giveaways and sweepstakes are frequently used because they work. They generate interest and sales for products online and on-site. You can use social media to create a giveaway in different ways:
- Run a hashtag contest. Ask your social media followers to participate by using a specific hashtag for a specific time period. A compelling prize can create excitement that leads to your contest “trending” on social media
- Start a typical giveaway. Build a giveaway on your website and share it on social media to drive traffic back to your site
- Create a video contest. It’s easier than ever before for people to make video content for social media. You can encourage your users to create videos to participate in your contest. You’ll build user-generated content and increase engagement.
- Build an online game. Platforms like Facebook and Snapchat allow you to create games that bring users in touch with your brand. Build a game, filter or some other feature to get more engagement.
Giveaway contests are a tried-and-tested way to improve your engagement rates in a short time. They build excitement and will make your brand more memorable to users.
3. Add images and videos.
You can boost engagement by understanding what content drives the most engagement and reach. Go over your past content, and identify images that have led to your most successful social content shares. When you find patterns across social networks, you can deliberately create images that lead to higher engagement.
It’s important to leverage video content as a way to engage customers online. There are several approaches you can try:
- Create a brand story to connect with people.
- Create educational content related to your industry that helps users.
- Hold live videos and webinars.
- Engage with and share user-generated images and videos on your pages to showcase social proof.
Using visual content on social media is essential to stand out. Done correctly, you’ll be able to boost engagement and drive conversations.
4. Work with influencers.
Working with an influencer can help you reach a large number of people in a short amount of time. An influencer’s followers trust their recommendations, so consider working with an influencer to quickly get engagement from their followers.
You’ll get a jump-start toward building your user base by working with an influencer who resonates with your brand. You can also learn from them as they will have a deeper understanding of what their audience cares about.
5. Get insights.
Many social media platforms offer ways to track engagement. Having this kind of insight means you’ll figure out what’s working and what’s not. For example, Facebook allows businesses to get insights on the posts with the highest engagements.
According to Facebook, there’s a positive link between post engagement and outbound links. When you understand what posts are working well, you can build content in the future to follow the same patterns. You’ll drive more traffic to your site and improve conversions.
Boost engagement with social media.
You can engage with customers better by using social media. Your social media platform can help you build relationships with your audience and win loyal customers.
There are several options available to you on social media that you can use to boost engagement. Work with the tips given here, and you’ll build a solid follower base on your pages.
Syed Balkhi is the founder of WPBeginner, the largest free WordPress resource site that helps small businesses start their website.